Understanding home heating energy performance just got easier. The new Heating Energy Assessment Tool (HEAT) from AREVS is a RESNET Approved, easy-to-use web-based application that tells home energy professionals, homeowners, and renters whether or not a home is in need of energy retrofits or upgrades. Using patented algorithms that are normalized for house size and geographical location, and information from its utility bill, HEAT provides a heating energy audit for a home in less than 5 minutes. A simple A+ through F grade range gives instant understanding of home heating performance.
Advantages for Professionals:
- A “first line” assessment tool to determine if a home needs further envelope assessment.
- Can be used for performance-based quality assurance verification for homes that have undergone weatherization upgrades.
- Eliminates need for on-site inspections.
- Offers opportunity for en masse initial ratings.
- Pre-qualified leads sent directly to your sales team.
- Use HEAT as a complement to asset-based rating programs.
Advantages for Homeowners:
- Economical and easy-to-use.
- Information from a single energy bill results in a custom HEAT Assessment in less than 5 minutes.
- Determine energy consumption and costs for heating, air conditioning and hot water.
- Provides an accurate assessment of whether a home is in need of energy retrofits or upgrades.
- Provides an accurate assessment of whether a home is in need of a further envelope assessment from a certified RESNET professional.
- Verify energy savings achieved through weatherization and energy upgrades.
- Know a home’s PITI+E payment: Principal, Interest, Taxes, Insurance, and Energy – the true cost of home ownership.
RESNET is offering both home energy professionals and homeowners a one-time free Heating Energy Assessment to demonstrate how HEAT works. Afterwards, you can purchase a detailed HEAT Rating Report from AREVS outlining your home’s exact alpha grade, Energy Rating Number, and heating and cooling fuel consumption and cost data. To learn more about HEAT, visit https://www.arevs.us/heatpartner.php?partnerid=A12bck98W4342Z
AREVS develops software and data sets for the Home Performance, Real Estate, and Energy industries. HEAT is available for all customers as a stand-alone web application, a white label web application, or a website plugin.