RESNET has prepared this Website solely for the purpose of providing information to interested parties over the age of eighteen (18). While RESNET has attempted, in good faith, to ensure the information presented in this Website is accurate, there may be inadvertent (technical and factual) inaccuracies and typographical errors in the information presented. RESNET disclaims all representations and warranties (both express or implied) regarding the accuracy, completeness and/or suitability of the information presented on this Website for any purpose. In no event shall RESNET be responsible for the consequences associated with use of this information. RESNET reserves the right to make changes and corrections to the information provided on this Website at any time, without notice.
RESNET may restrict access to the HERS Website, which may not be used or accessed for any illegal, unlawful obscene, commercially disparaging, defamatory or purpose. Persons under the age of thirteen (13) may not provide any information to or through this Website nor may those persons participate in any forums, chat rooms or the like under any circumstance.
RESNET hereby authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print RESNET/HERS documents that are available on this Website, subject to the following conditions:
- The documents may be used solely for personal, noncommercial, and informational purposes.
- The documents may not be modified.
- The following copyright notice and permission notice must appear in each document: “Copyright (c) Home Energy Service Pro, LLC. All rights reserved. Protected by the copyright laws of the United States and international treaties.”
- Copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices may not be removed.
- You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of the RESNET HERS Website, individual elements of the Website design, or RESNET/ HERS logos without the express written permission of RESNET.
Commercial Use of RESNET HERS Website Materials and Screen Shots
Reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on the RESNET HERS Website is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of RESNET. Permission is granted only when certain limited criteria are met. To request such permission please send an e-mail and include the following information in the body of the message:
- The RESNET/HERS Index content you wish to use.
- Where and how will it be used (for example, a book cover, an advertisement, or a brochure).
- Where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience.
- How many copies will be produced and distributed.
- When you intend to publish.
- Other non-RESNET materials that will be associated with the RESNET/HERS content.
- Your name, title, company, address, email address, and phone number.
- We will evaluate your request as soon as possible. RESNET reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted material.
Licensed Logo Use
Use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of RESNET and HERS Index logos is strictly prohibited without written permission from RESNET. If your organization has a pre-existing agreement with RESNET, that agreement, along with the specific guidelines for each logo, will specify your rights and obligations regarding use of RESNET and HERS Index logos. If you do not have an existing agreement with RESNET, you do not have permission to use RESNET and HERS Index logos. If you have additional questions, please contact a RESNET representative.
All files/software and accompanying documentation made available for download from this website is the copyrighted work of RESNET or its suppliers. The copyright holder retains software and documentation ownership. Ownership is not transferred to you; rather, you are licensed to use the software and documentation. The use of any such software or documentation is subject to the terms of a license agreement. Please read the license agreement that accompanies each product and indicate your agreement to those terms prior to downloading.
RESNET is committed to maintaining your privacy on the Internet and protecting your personally identifiable information (pii) in the same fashion we protect our employees and company information.
For industry visitors (Auditor, Rater, Contractor, Builder or Providers) we collect the following pii that you affirmatively and voluntarily provide to us in connection with access to the public and/or private sections of our Website as well as to evaluate your RESNET membership registration application:
- Your company name
- Your Password
- Your First and Last name
- Your e-mail address
- Your company address
- Your company website
- Your phone number
- Your mobile number
- Your fax number
- Whether you want to be listed in the Directory Listing
- Whether you agree with the Terms and Conditions – User Agreement for participation
- Whether you agree to abide by the RESNET Code of Conduct
- Company and individual licenses, state, county, type of license, license number, expiration dates
- Whether you have any conflicts of interest
- Whether you own an Infrared Camera
- Whether you own a Blow Door
- Whether you own a Duct Tester
- Whether you own any Combustion Safety Equipment
- Any comments or feedback you may provide from that section of our Website.
- Company Certification information
- Company insurance coverages
- Company testimonials
- Company case studies
- Zip code coverage – radius of service area
- Company job types
- Company billing information – credit card type, business or personal card, credit card number, expiration month and year, CCV, billing address for card.
For public visitors, we collect the following pii that you affirmatively and voluntarily provide to us in connection with access to the public and/or private sections of our Website as well as to evaluate and match your contractor needs to our extensive RESNET membership database of registered contractors:
- Your First and Last name
- Your e-mail address
- Your street address, city, state and zip code
- Your phone number
- Your mobile number
- Your fax number
The type of professional you are searching for i.e., (Home Energy Survey Professional (HESP), Building Performance auditor (BPA), (Home Energy Raters (HERS)).
We may also collect the following pii automatically when you access our Website:
- The IP address from which you are accessing our Website
- The browser type and version you are using
- The date and time and duration of your visits to our Website
- The entering page, visited path and exit pages of our Website
- The site you were visiting immediately prior to visiting our Website
- The site you went to immediately after leaving our Website
- The search engine you used to locate our Website
We may use your pii as follows:
- In the aggregate for only to ascertain broad geographic and demographic information used for business analyses such as web traffic, flow, ad placement, search engine optimization or other Website enhancing activity.
- To enhance your browsing experience while visiting our Website, such enhancements may take the form of placing “cookies” on your computer, which may speed up your access to the information you desire from our Website or to provide you with more relevant or new content. At any time you may remove the cookies we place within your browser by accessing your “cookies.txt” file and deleting those cookie entries. Check your browser’s Help file for more information on how to manage your cookies to protect your privacy. Finally, any personal profile of you that we maintain for Website specific use may be removed by contacting us directly.
- To provide you with relevant search results.
- To provide you with relevant vendors capable of bidding on your projects.
- To design or redesign our Website to permit more efficient and useful structure for us and our visitors, vendors and advertisers.
- In the aggregate to our partners and clients to better serve our customers. In all cases, the provision of such data is in compliance with the rules, regulations and laws of federal, state and local government.
- To provide you with information and/or fulfillment that you request, notification of news, promotions, events, products, processes, techniques, industry trends, DIY tips, and industry contacts. Your email and contact information may be used to contact or service you with information or service that you have requested to receive. At all times, you may request to be removed from such distribution by contacting us directly. Your personal contact information is not shared with any outside company or person unless it is specifically stated as part of that request process.
We adhere to the following privacy policies:
- RESNET collects your pii only with your informed consent.
- RESNET uses your pii for personalization, identification, communication and in the conduct of business at your request.
- RESNET does not sell or distribute your pii without your express consent provided however that by requesting a matching list of contractors you hereby consent to disclosure of such elements of pii necessary to permit such a matching of needs and capabilities.
- You always have the right to request that your pii be removed by contacting us directly.
- RESNET complies with industry standards for protecting the privacy and personal information of the users of our Website. RESNET internally reviews our compliance with these standards on a periodic basis.
- At times, RESNET asks for your email and other contact information in We train all employees in the aspects of maintaining privacy. Further, we ensure that the tools necessary for maintaining such privacy are available.
- The Web is based on hypertext links. It is what makes the Web so useful for communicating information. Often, RESNET will provide links to Website’s of persons and companies outside of RESNET control. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies and procedures maintained by these external sites, including whether they collect and sell pii. We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection, storage and disclosure policies.
- Though RESNET makes every effort to preserve user privacy, RESNET may need to disclose pii when required by law where it has a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current administrative or judicial proceeding, a civil or criminal subpoena or court order or legal process served on our Website. When commercially feasible, we will provide you with notice of such request for information collected from our Website.
Ways to protect your privacy
- Never share your RESNET account number, logins or passwords with anyone who you don’t want accessing your account.
- Use caution in sharing your email address, or other personal information, in our chat rooms and on our message boards. Know that RESNET chat rooms and message boards are generally viewable by the public, unless otherwise noted, and persons unknown to RESNET may retrieve any information posted within these areas. If you have any concerns or doubts about posting information to any of our chat or message boards, please contact us prior to doing so. Messages posted on our message boards can not be removed unless specifically requested of RESNET.
- RESNET may record the dialogue of chat and message boards to make available to persons who missed an event or do not have access to that resource.
Users of this Website understand and agree that the laws of the state of Maryland govern the use and access to this Website in all respects. Any and all claims against or through RESNET arising from the use of or access to or from this Website shall be exclusively resolved in the state courts located in Montgomery County, MD. Users hereby agree that such forum has subject matter jurisdiction, is a convenient venue, and agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of said court. Users hereby waive any claims for incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising in any way from said users use of or exclusion from use of this Website. In the event RESNET is required to investigate, defend, prosecute or compromise any claims arising from this Website it may recover the actual and reasonable costs for such actions including its reasonable and necessary attorneys’ fees and costs for such actions.
RESNET MAKES NO REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR RELATED CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE OR PROVIDED BY VENDORS OR REFERENCED OR LINKED SITES (‘INFORMATION”) FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED TO USER “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES REGARDING THIS INFORMATION AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL RESPECED CONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, AND REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF: USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM SAID USERS’ USE OF GOODS OR SERVICE PROCURED VIA THE WEBSITE.
The content in this Website is covered by U.S. and foreign trademark, service mark and copyright laws and is the sole and exclusive property of RESNET or the other identified holders of such marks. All rights, except individual user’s use are prohibited without prior written consent of RESNET. Links to the Website are permitted without prior consent, but must only link to the front page of the Website and must identify that the user is being linked to “RESNET.us”. RESNET reserves the right to prohibit links to the Website if such links are deemed inappropriate for any reason.
Users may not upload any content for which they either do not own the copyright or for which they do not possess a valid license to publish or transmit such information. Users entering data into databases or otherwise affiliating with the Website, which are protected by copyrights, are hereby granting RESNET the license to have such information stored, and re-transmitted over the Internet and via any other means now in existence or hereinafter created.