So you’ve decided it’s time to finally take on that big home renovation project you’ve been planning for the past couple of years. Your designs are finalized and you have the finances in place to pay for it all. Before you give the ‘okay’ and watch that first hammer stroke put a hole in the drywall, take a few minutes to consider if you have thought the entire project all the way through.
Sure, your newly renovated home will look great, but will it provide you with the long-term benefits of having a properly designed, energy efficient home? A renovation project provides the perfect opportunity to assess your home’s energy efficiency and plan for a future that will ensure a maximum comfort level while saving you money on your utility bills.
Fortunately, there are experts in the field of energy efficient homes that can guide you and provide the services needed to make sure your home meets current standards. A RESNET EnergySmart Team has the knowledge and experience to help you through the process – and they are exactly what the name suggests – they are smart when it comes to energy savings.
An EnergySmart Team consists of:
At least one certified RESNET HERS® Rater who will:
- Diagnose and prescribe an energy improvement strategy.
- Independently verify the quality and effectiveness of the work upon completion.
- At least one state-licensed (if the state in question requires licensing), RESNET qualified HVAC Auditor who is a recognized participant of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) Quality Assured (QA) program.
- At least one RESNET qualified Air Sealing or Insulation Contractor who:
- Employs at least one senior technician who is Insulation Contractors Association of America (ICAA) qualified.
- Or has received a completion certificate for another RESNET recognized quality installation training program.
- Any number of other home improvement contractors who have their RESNET EnergySmart Contractor designation.
An EnergySmart Team will guide you through the process of creating an energy efficient home by:
- Analyzing what steps need to be taken and recommending cost-effective measures
- Carrying out the recommended measures
- Reviewing and verifying the effectiveness of the completed work
While a home renovation can be an exciting project and may mean a few weeks or months of inconvenience, by careful planning with the help of a RESNET EnergySmart Team, your newly redesigned, energy efficient home will ensure your comfort both in summer and winter, and help keep more of your hard earned dollars in your bank account.